This year's Columban Fayre, on Saturday 18th November, will be another great day, with a huge variety of gift stalls, food stalls, fun and games, musical entertainment and more on offer. The competition between the six Houses in the College and the four Houses in the Prep is heating up,with very little to separate them in the battle for the Columban Fayre trophy!
The final week before the fayre is typically where we see the biggest push from all the Houses, and I expect that this year will be no different.
Where do we need your help?
- Secrets Room: The secrets room allows Prep Students to buy Christmas Presents for their parents and family. If anyone (Prep or Senior) has any unopened gifts, or items in good condition, and would be happy to donate them, then please bring them in to the Prep or Senior School collection tables.
- Martin House Crockery Smash: Martin house will be returning with their popular crockery smash stall. If you have any old / unwanted crockery that you are willing to donate then can you please bring it to the Senior School Reception.
- Raffle Tickets: Each student has two books of raffle tickets to sell. Please encourage your sons to sell these, remember if you buy one you could win £1500! Money and tickets should be handed in to your son’s Tutor. If more books are required, these are available from your son’s Tutor or Head of House.
- Bottle Stall: The Bottle Stall is always an amazing sight at the Fayre, and hopefully this year will be no different. However, we still need plenty of bottles to reach our 1000 total. We encourage each student (Prep and Senior) to bring in at least one bottle of alcohol or perhaps a crate of beer bottles and hand them in to the House collection tables
- Grand Auction: The Columban Fayre Auction delivers a wonderful finale to the day. Sporting, drama, culinary, holiday and musical experiences, along with memorabilia, donations of specialty produce and offers of lessons in swimming, drama and personal training/physiotherapy treatments have all gone towards making this an extremely fun event in the past. The Columban Community has always been hugely generous with their donations to the auction. All money raised from items donated will go to your sons House total. If you are able to donate to the Grand Auction then please contact Jim Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org.) We really appreciate all of your generous donations and support for this aspect of the Fayre.
On Friday 17th November, there will be a mufti day across the whole college, all students participating should bring their £2 donation and hand it to their Tutor during morning registration. This mufti day coincides with National anti-bullying week; therefore, we ask each student to wear an item of blue clothingto show their support for this cause. The money raised from the mufti day will be split equally between
the anti-bullying campaign and the Columban Fayre total. Please note that mufti day rules allow smart casual clothing, however it does not permit hats, jewellery, extreme or outlandish dress with any explicit content, anti-social or offensive graphics.
I thank you in advance for your support in all aspects of this year’s Columban Fayre, this amazing event is only possible with the fantastic support of the Columban Community. I look forward to welcoming you all next Saturday, 18th November to enjoy what will hopefully be another unforgettable Columban Fayre.
Mr A. Jourdan