Examination Results and Information

Sub menu

A central focus of the College's activities is charitable fundraising. It is acknowledged as one of the leading educational fundraisers for the principal Catholic overseas aid charity, and pupils contribute in many and diverse ways to this success. ISI Report, January 2015

GCSE Examination Results Summer 2017

St Columba’s College celebrated an excellent set of GCSE results  with top grades at a five year high, as the proportion falls nationally.

Congratulations to all of our students on their achievements and the excellent results that they have achieved in their GCSE qualifications. It was an absolute pleasure to see so many smiling faces, after collecting the results.  The number of A* grades was very pleasing and the increase in A*/A grades this summer is testament to the hard work and talent of the students, the dedication and expertise of the staff and the support of parents.

Nicholas Atkinson and Kieran DePaul led the way with 10A* grades, closely followed by a group of students with all A*/A grades including James Sugden with nine A* grades.

Table of Results for GCSE (2017)

A Level Examination Results Summer 2017

We celebrated an excellent set of A Level results at SCC, with many students accepting their first choice of university. Congratulations to all of our students on their achievements and the excellent results that they have achieved in their A-level qualifications. The number of A* grades was particularly pleasing and the increase in A*/A grades this summer is testament to the hard work and talent of the students, the dedication and expertise of the staff and the support of parents. 

Head Boy, James Gamblin, has taken up his place at Cambridge, studying Theology at Fitzwilliam College, having achieved top grades in History, Latin and Religious Studies as well as an A* grade in the EPQ and an A grade in AS Mathematics. Peter Crabtree will study Medicine at University College London, having achieved A* grades in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics alongside his A* grade in the EPQ and A grade at AS Latin.

Billy McDermott is going to  Imperial College London to study Mathematics having achieved A* grades in Maths, Further Maths and Physics as well gaining the required pass in STEP.   Luke Armstrong will be studying Aeronautical Engineering at Bath having achieved A* grades in all three subjects, Physics, Maths and Further Maths, and Guy Fordham celebrates his results and his place at Loughborough having achieved an A* in Maths, A in Spanish and B in PE.

Table of Results for A Level (2017)

Examinations Information:

For enquiries regarding public examinations, please contact Mrs Una Walsh, the Examinations Officer, at exams@stcolumbascollege.org 

GCE Subject Booklet 2017-2018

GCSE Subject Booklet 2017-2018

Public Examinations Timetable 2018

Information and Guidance for Public Examinations 2018

Links to Examination Boards

Internal Assessment Decision Appeals Policy

Post-Results Services: Enquiry, Consent and Payment Form

Information for Candidates:

Information for Written Examinations

Information for On-Screen Tests

Non-Examination Assessments

GCSE Controlled Assessments

GCE, ELC and Project Qualifications

Privacy Notice

Warning to Candidates

Use of Calculators

Using Social Media and Examinations / Assessments

'No Mobile Devices' Rules