Welcome from Head of Sixth Form

Sub menu

The Sixth Form has undoubtedly been the most rewarding experience and I have embraced all the opportunities presented to me. There is a great sense of community and you are supported in every aspect of your development. Sixth Form Student

Let me extend a warm welcome to our thriving Sixth Form community.

We are a close knit Sixth Form of 130 students. We create a happy and purposeful sanctuary, which enables our boys to transform into confident, well-rounded individuals with the character and skillset to succeed in the next stage of their lives.

We expect and demand that our students fulfil their potential through academic rigour and an atmosphere of lively and creative learning. We are also passionate about providing each of our students with a wide-ranging and enriching extra-curricular programme, in order to enhance their moral compass and character, enabling them to succeed in areas outside the curriculum.

The Sixth Form experience, in many respects, is the most enjoyable and challenging two years of College life.

Mr Richard McCann

Head of Sixth Form

Sixth Form Preview Evening

Tuesday 13th November 2018, 6:00pm- 8:30pm

On Tuesday 13th November, we will host a Sixth Form Preview Evening where students and their parents will be able to explore our wide range of subject areas as well as enrichment activities and leadership opportunities on offer at St Columba's College. There will be talks by the Headmaster, the Head of Sixth Form, the Head of Careers, Head Boy and Deputy Head Boys.

Staff and students from each subject area will  discuss what is on offer and how the new curriculum will impact on their subject. 

We are confident you will find the evening very beneficial and will see that Our Sixth Form is a happy and vibrant community that offers a ‘personalised education.’ 

Refreshments will be served.

Registration Form

External students should  register for our  Preview Evening by completing  the registration form and sending  it to Mrs Hilary Causer, Admissions Registrar at : admissions@stcolumbascollege.org. 

or post it to: 

The Admissions Department

St Columba's College

King Harry Lane

St Albans, AL3 4AW

You can also register by calling Mrs Causer,  Admissions Registrar, on 01727 892040

Sixth Form Film

In conversation with Mr R McCann, Head of Sixth Form

In conversation with Sixth Formers

A Level Subject Information 'Leading the Way 2018-2020'

Sixth Form Application Form - External Candidates

Music Scholarship Form

Sports Scholarship Form